Sometimes, we get an error on the first instantiation of joomla like: “Joomla Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1048576 bytes)”. Mostly this appears because of the allowed memory size limit by your server administrator in the php.ini file of Apache.
To solve this issue, I have got a solution for you.
- Create a new text file and save it as php.ini (Remember to add the extension to be .ini).
- Add memory_limit = 128M to your newly created php.ini file.
- Place this php.ini file inside your joomla root folder (The directory where all your joomla installtion files exist)
- Wait for few minutes for the apache to cache the custom php.ini file
- Then try accessing your site. This issue must have got resolved.
Hope, the above steps have provided you a right part towards fixing such kind of fatal errors in joomla.